AMP3 trackday - excellent!

Strictly for tarmac whores
ExigeKen

Post by ExigeKen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:47 pm

jasonliddell wrote:
ExigeKen wrote:Hi Jason yes that is me thanks. Any chance of a high res version please :?:
YHM Ken :wink:
Thanks ever so much Jason thats great :thumbsup
2004 Exige S2 1.8 - Ardent Red

2003 RAV4 vvti 2.0 - Baleric Blue shiny version

Don't Fear The Reaper

Back on the road!

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:00 pm

BigD wrote:
Had some great laps with Tut, hopefully the fumes weren't too bad.
Ooooo they're bad.
I had a headache following you :D

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:14 pm

IAINBOAG wrote:
Add my thanks for a great afternoon and regret not 'carrying on' into Edinb'gh but consolation of good dinner and Puligny Montrachet almost but not quite make up for it.......
Highlights?

Following Scotty (Driving Gareth's Frog) who launched into Duffus about 90 tuts, went completely sideways and forcibly over corrected the slide to set up for the next corner..............almost wet myself ,as I could see the steering movement/input involved. "it was the weight of the passenger!" a spokesperson for Mr Cruikshank stated later.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :shock: :shock:

caleebra

Post by caleebra » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:33 pm

Gareth wrote:
IAINBOAG wrote: Highlights?

Following Scotty (Driving Gareth's Frog) who launched into Duffus about 90 tuts, went completely sideways and forcibly over corrected the slide to set up for the next corner..............almost wet myself ,as I could see the steering movement/input involved. "it was the weight of the passenger!" a spokesperson for Mr Cruikshank stated later.
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Does he make a habbit of going sideways on other people's cars?!? :lol:
Lee
[flamesuit] VX220 owner[/flamesuit]

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Don, your fumes were f***ing epedemic. Never seen anything emanating from an exhaust pipe like that before.

Pity is that when I passed you the first time, obviously because you lifted off to get me on video, I missed a gear and got 2nd instead of 4th.

Thought that I had blown the engine as it fluttered into stand by mode, but twas the oil was less than half full. Topped up and back to normal.

I have never timed myself around KH, but as there was nothing between us, it was interesting to see that I was in the 57 sec bracket.

tut

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Scotty going sideways only in other peoples cars is a luxury...........

Every time that he takes mine out he either spins it and carries on, spins it, goes off and then carries on, or goes off into the gravel sideways, gets towed out, then lets all the tyres down to get the chukkies out.

But then again, you could never call him a pussy.

tut

ruadh08

Post by ruadh08 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Shug/Andy , to echo what everybody else has said, it was a superb afternoon, many thanks to you both.. Even more enjoyable that it was a charity that was benefiting instead of KH!!!!

You even managed to get the weather right!

Paul G
Paul G

The elder, occasionally more sensible member of "Team Still Game"

BigD

Post by BigD » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:23 pm

tut wrote:Don, your fumes were f***ing epedemic. Never seen anything emanating from an exhaust pipe like that before.

Pity is that when I passed you the first time, obviously because you lifted off to get me on video, I missed a gear and got 2nd instead of 4th.

Thought that I had blown the engine as it fluttered into stand by mode, but twas the oil was less than half full. Topped up and back to normal.

I have never timed myself around KH, but as there was nothing between us, it was interesting to see that I was in the 57 sec bracket.

tut
:lol: Fumes ................. excellent. 8)

I had a leaking vaccum hose which seemed to make it smoke more than usual as when I changed it it wasn't so bad. It runs pretty rich in the 10.5's AFR but I'd rather have it safe than near the limit. Still a wee bit of potential for more power if it was slightly leaner. 8)

I wondered what happened when you went in the first time. It looked pretty violent from where I was. :lol:

I was surprised at the difference when you had a pax and I did not. Didn't think it would have made that big a diff.

Uploading the video of that at the moment. :D

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:30 am

Yes a pax in an Elise can make a fair difference. One guy was 6'5".

Only had one session without a passenger.

tut

r055

Post by r055 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:24 am

tut wrote:Yes a pax in an Elise can make a fair difference. One guy was 6'5".
Only had one session without a passenger.

tut
That will be this guy then...

his head was higher than the roll bar! id be surpised if he managed to get any footage with the helmet cam without the top edge of the windscreen being in the way! :lol:
Calypso Red S1 111s

kanddl_111r

Post by kanddl_111r » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:29 am

I had great fun on Friday at the track day at KH :twisted: , ..I would like to say many thanks to Shug, Andy and co. for organising a great event with the proceeds going to a great cause :thumbsup

If ever another event like this come up again, I would sign up again in an instant. :D

Thanks again to all the organisers including Archos, AMP3, SLS & D-Shirt :D
David

Previously had 111R with Viper Induction, but now sold ;o((
Audi A4 2.0Turbo (chipped to 260bhp+)
Suzuki Jimny (heavily rollcaged and modified - see TeamJimny.co.uk)

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Shug wrote: To explain the prizes:

Tom, managed to overtake Robin backwards on the grass (Robin on track at the time!) and narrowly missed totalling the car - for effort, there was nobody better!
To put this in perspective, Tom had been keeping in touch with us for about 10 laps (actually, I thought it was Ed driving Tom's car, 'cos I didn't think Tom was that quick - a quick rustle through the excuse book reveals (a) I had a pax and (b) I had narrower front tyres - is that enough excuses?). I wasn't getting away from him, and I figured maybe if he was in front he would pull away (or spin ;-)).

Anyway, I let him pass down the back straight IIRC, then he slid it through the hairpin with some overexuberant steering and throttle inputs, so we backed off. Of course I then followed him up the straight comfortably (I have more power, and had the advantage of the tow); he then launched the car into Duffus with gay abandon and I already thought that was quite ambitious, so we were already backing off - sure enough the tail wagged out to the left when Tom shat himself and lifted; he caught it, but didn't return the steering to the middle in time, so the tail wagged right instead - still no brake lights! - by now I was thinking a visit to the tyres was close, but Tom bailed and pointed it at the grass, managed not to spin on the grass, but for some reason didn't think to apply the brakes; we had already slowed right down on the track as I didn't want to be collected by him as he speared across the track, so technically he did overtake us there again, but in a race, he would have to have given us the place back ;-)

Cheers
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

Sanjøy

Post by Sanjøy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Cheers Shug & Andy, much appreciated.

Was the red flag for my gravel entry even though I made it out ? Sorry.

Video online, not actually looked at it yet as it has been a crazy weekend.
W213 All Terrain

Rag_It

Post by Rag_It » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:22 pm

Only now just able to function, having been out again last night, i am definitely never drinking again¬

Top day on Friday, excellent track day very well organised by Shug, and I have to say the funniest part was Greg phoning 5 mins before we were due on track to tell me of his MOT failure and that he was off to get leathered and would see us at Andy's!

I took no pictures, and had quite a few pax's with Donald, G and Scotty driving G's car, of which Shug has 10 minutes worth of footage of.

Driving Ed's shared shed was an experience, handles really well, although needed towed back to Edinburgh by us after the trackday, which was good fun! :roll:

Anyway, had a brilliant night at Andy's, some good chat, very impressed with Malcolm's patience in teaching Nic how to play the PS3, not to mention along with George staying until the end! Eventual departure at 4.30am with a pint of water and a taxi - felt incredibly rough yesterday, went to help Ed, Paul and Rog set up the sprint before sitting in bridge traffic for an 1 hour plus!!

Well done lads, and a great amount of money raised!

Dave :wink:

P.S Scotty, how is Amanda?!

Scotty C
Meat

Post by Scotty C » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:46 am

Big thanks to shug,andy and all involved. Was a great day/night.

I was very nice of people to let me borrow there P & J just for me to Rag for a few laps :lol:

Lee VX first and last time I drive one of them :wink: PS sorry about the cone meets reg plate thing :oops:

Paul G always good to drive another 340r.
Iain Boag loved the Cub, You can never under estimate how good a standard elise is :wink:
G for 10 or so laps in the Frog. I think me + Dave as a pax almost doubled the weight of the car :lol:

Scotty C

Dave she was cool about it. But you will pay for that. :wink:
"Here for a good time not a long time"