AMP3 trackday - excellent!

Strictly for tarmac whores
meatball

Post by meatball » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Best trackday I've been to......
Sorry to tut and the green 7 that just appeared behind me....didn't see you guys.......
Trained observer indeed!
Cheers to Kenny and Dom for the tuition.......more skill/bravery required me thinks!
AWESOME DAY
:D

caleebra

Post by caleebra » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Good to meet you Jamie :thumbsup Thanks for coming out in the VX as well, I'm sure it was a bit ugly at times but felt more confident with a pasenger :lol:
Lee
[flamesuit] VX220 owner[/flamesuit]

Digital

Post by Digital » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Lee, thanks for the pax laps, much appreciated :D

You seemed to be getting the hang of it very quickly, presume you'll be back on before too long? I thought you were doing well for your first trackday, took me a while to work out what I was meant to be doing (not that I know now!) :oops:

Ross, no problem, you did better than my other passenger later on who wanted to come in after a few laps feeling a bit :puke
2005 Chrome Orange Lotus Exige S2

Brian J

Post by Brian J » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:48 pm

Add my thanks for a great afternoon and regret not 'carrying on' into Edinb'gh but consolation of good dinner and Puligny Montrachet almost but not quite make up for it.......
2006 S2 Exige - Magnetic Blue

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:37 am

Add my thanks for a great afternoon and regret not 'carrying on' into Edinb'gh but consolation of good dinner and Puligny Montrachet almost but not quite make up for it.......
Brian, I like your style, holding any dinner parties soon?

Thanks Andy and Shug for a great afternoon

Highlights?

Following Shug who was "flowing through the twisties" until I was generating drifts I couldn't catch!!

Following Scotty (Driving Gareth's Frog) who launched into Duffus about 90 tuts, went completely sideways and forcibly over corrected the slide to set up for the next corner..............almost wet myself ,as I could see the steering movement/input involved. "it was the weight of the passenger!" a spokesperson for Mr Cruikshank stated later.

Generally seeing the level of exitement and chat generated by a whole bunch of new people enjoying KH in relative safety , although the danger of running events like this..........is you cannot just do it once and your are duly bound to provide another......at least once a year :wink:

Regards
From the maybe we need a formal Track Convenor (a la SIDC) faction?
Younger member of Team Still Game

99 Lotus Elise 111S.....Heterosexual Spec ...S1
BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Monkey Bike with 125cc conversion
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 am

Well done Andy and Shug, that was an excellent track session and well organised.

It was great to get a completely dry session in, and driver etiquette was as good as I have ever seen.

Sorry that I could not make the evening session, but Thor had been on his own for nine hours by the time that I got home. I was on track for almost the whole two hours, so never got chance to chat, so it would have been good to have got some crack in during the evening.

Avoided embarrassment at 1655 by running out of fuel at the Hairpin, but managed to coast in to the pits.

Hope you all had a good party.

tut

robin
Jedi Master

Post by robin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:53 am

I almost ran out of fuel - cruised down to the Shell off J3 in 5th at 60 as I had done 4 laps on flashing refill (which is 5L in an S2). I put 36L in, which is good for a 35L tank :-) Not sure how much more fuel there can have been in the tank - 2L tops I think - must drain it and then refill with known fuel quantity to determine once and for all how much fuel there is in there!

Thanks to all for a great day out and thanks to Andy's Mum for the veggie burgers ;-)

Was good to meet a few more people - let me apologise right now for forgetting your names - I am really hopeless at remembering them, though I will probably remember your face next time I see you :-)

Car was going well on the track - I am trying to remember the last time I was on track, and apart from Dijon in the summer I am not sure that I have been on track at all this year! Must try harder next year :-)

Cheers,
Robin
I is in your loomz nibblin ur wirez
#bemoretut

AJT

Post by AJT » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:49 am

Great afternoon for a 1st time on track.

It is some experience to think you are going flat out on the straight then have Tut and the Caterhams pass you like you are standing still.

Hope I didn't hold any one up too much.

Will be back for another go.
Alan
S2 111S

Andy D

Post by Andy D » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:13 am

Big thanks to everyone involved in organising this and to Andy for the party..my arm is still numb from dooking for beers :thumbsup

Persuaded my mum to come along not really expecting her to be up for a pax but she did 10 laps at a fairly brisk pace with no hint of a :puke and got a grandstand view of the snot doing what it does best out of the hairpin 8) 8) 8)
Yellow S2 135R # 116 - sold - replacement soon....maybe

r055

Post by r055 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:27 am

So who won all the prizes??

There were quite a few contenders for the spin of the day! :)
Calypso Red S1 111s

Gareth

Post by Gareth » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:26 pm

Driver of the day?
There was quite a few spins down Duffus.
I'm betting lots of sore heads today.

kenny

Post by kenny » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:15 pm

Gareth wrote:Driver of the day?
There was quite a few spins down Duffus.
I'm betting lots of sore heads today.
My heid was nippin this morning. too much red wine.

ExigeKen got driver of the day.

Although already mentioned it should be reinforced that the Rolfe was awarded Dick of the Day. I salute you sir. :D

Major thanks and hearty well done to Shug and Andy, trackday was superb and the party was an absolute riot. Good times :D

r055

Post by r055 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Loved the 3 in a row charge towards the hairpin with ExigeKen on the right, Noops in the middle and cateringvan on the left!!

I think Neil shat himself when he started to drift towards the left and seen a caterham appear in the passenger window and then wiggled the rear end of his car almost taking the 2 cars out! :lol:
Calypso Red S1 111s

craigieb

Post by craigieb » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:28 pm

fantastic day (and night) - many thanks to Shug and Andy.

finally exorcised my spinning demons and am now totalyl hooked :D
'56 Elise Graphite Grey - written off :[
'03 Golf GTI - the wife's spec
'07 Audi TT - tony and guy spec

neil

Post by neil » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks to Shug and Andy for organising. Only my second time on track so still a bit of a moving chicane for everyone else. Good to meet a few more people. Looking forward to the next one