Friday 13th

Anything goes in here.....
tut
Barefoot Ninja

Re: Friday 13th

Post by tut » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Just had a long talk with Verian after her last of nine x-rays. This was on her neck again and she will get those results tomorrow.

Total so far in her back is two compressed vertebrae, and one with a wedge fracture. However they are injuries that she should get back to normal from, albeit probably with backache that you learn to live with. First reaction is thank goodness that it was not worse, but she was actually unlucky to pick those up. Ian and I had far worse offs , also Clare but as a pax, and we walked away with a couple of bruises.

Hopefully they will let her out tomorrow, as the only treatment is bedrest, and she would sooner do that at home.

tut

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 pm

sh*t!

Really hope for a speedy recovery!

all the best wishes!

Adam
Formerly Known as: ARphotographs
1.6 Sxi Vauxhall Astra: with sport button spec - Sold 8 years ago
1.8 Mk2 Mx-5 : Ginger hairdressing spec - Sold 6 years ago

Only on here because I still itch to get a lotus!

Jacobite

Post by Jacobite » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Hugs Tut sorry to here this new's send her our love and wishs for a fast and full recovery

tut wrote: His first question to me was who was paying for his fence, ie the only few feet of rusty barbed wire that was actually still standing when she hit it.tut
LoL yea when Lachie put ours therough 25yards of hawthorn/wire they stung the insurance company £1207 inc a gate :shock: and Lachie was like wtf there wasn't a gate before hes carshed through the hedge :roll:
The faintest ink is more Powerful than the strongest memory.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by what takes our breath away

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 pm

He actually could have been a menace if he had been the only witness, as he told the Police that he saw her come flying through the fence and must have been driving to fast. Doddering old twat with nothing better to do but stand there and watch whilst everybody else was helping out.

Fortunately the lassie who called me was behind her so gave them the correct speed, also the driver who was coming the other way verified it. Also turns out that Verian had stopped a minute earlier to check on another woman who had driven off the road in a straight line when she hit the mud.

The police did not speak to Verian at the time, but they have been into Hospital to get her details and breathalyse her.

tut

Cisco

Post by Cisco » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Sounds very unlucky indeed.

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.

Take care,

Frank

Jacobite

Post by Jacobite » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Any point in wondering whos mud it was? Guessing he(farmer) was trying to apportion blame elsewhere
I know construction traffic are legally bound to clean the roads around construction sites but don't think that agricultural vehicles have the same responsabilitities
The faintest ink is more Powerful than the strongest memory.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by what takes our breath away

Digital

Post by Digital » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Best wishes to Verian for a speedy recovery!
2005 Chrome Orange Lotus Exige S2

tenkfeet

Post by tenkfeet » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:07 pm

tut wrote:Just had a long talk with Verian after her last of nine x-rays. This was on her neck again and she will get those results tomorrow.

Total so far in her back is two compressed vertebrae, and one with a wedge fracture. However they are injuries that she should get back to normal from, albeit probably with backache that you learn to live with. First reaction is thank goodness that it was not worse, but she was actually unlucky to pick those up. Ian and I had far worse offs , also Clare but as a pax, and we walked away with a couple of bruises.

Hopefully they will let her out tomorrow, as the only treatment is bedrest, and she would sooner do that at home.

tut
Tut , hope Verian is better soon and the farmer is sorted . As you say very unlucky.

Had wedge fractures from my bike accident and as you say you do get used to it the niggles . Its a long way down the road but worth going to a chiropractor in a few months to see everything is in line , not seized as the NHS don't do it and just let you get on with it . Tell her no matter what the temptation don't lift anything until fully healed , my mistake.
No lotus
Exige Sport 350 (Sold)
Elise Cup 250 (Air con and radio tubby spec) (Sold)
Evora S (sold)

bertieduff

Post by bertieduff » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 pm

As you say Tut it's completely down to luck in any off....glad hers wasn't any worse.

All the best for a full recovery!
Lotus Corsa
Lotus Wagon R
Lotus Focus
Lotus Collie dug

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Post by tut » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Thanks Alan, will pass that advice on to her.

tut

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 am

Tut, best wishes to Verian for a speedy recovery
Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen:

:cheers

VXJON
An Equal Opportunities Lover

Post by VXJON » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:12 am

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Victor Meldrew
Location: Unable to use location services. Please turn on your wifi....

Post by Victor Meldrew » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:50 am

Tut, can you pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery. If she's anything like you she'll be back up on her feet running around in no time.

P.S. If there is anything I can do to help I will be in Aberdeen all next week on a course.
Well it moves... might as well make the most of it....

H8OAG

Post by H8OAG » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 am

Tut

Sorry to hear this ......
You may wish to remind the police and the helpful farmer it is a summary offence under the Road Traffic Act for a farmer/anyone to leave mud on the road.
Basically the farmer/builder/whoever has a duty to brush the road at the end of the working day as well as deploying appropriate warning signage throughout the working day. If if is proven that Verian left the road as a result of mud/debris coupled with no warning signs.....(try some of the claims companies who just love this!!)

Hope that makes sense.........

Younger member of Team Still Game

99 Lotus Elise 111S.....Heterosexual Spec ...S1
BMW Z4M40i
Range Rover Velar
2022 Spec Mini JCW
BMW R9T Scrambler Sport
Monkey Bike with 125cc conversion
Honda 250 Race Quad
Womaniser Liberty

rossybee

Post by rossybee » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:38 am

H8OAG wrote:Tut

Sorry to hear this ......
You may wish to remind the police and the helpful farmer it is a summary offence under the Road Traffic Act for a farmer/anyone to leave mud on the road.
Basically the farmer/builder/whoever has a duty to brush the road at the end of the working day as well as deploying appropriate warning signage throughout the working day. If if is proven that Verian left the road as a result of mud/debris coupled with no warning signs.....(try some of the claims companies who just love this!!)

Hope that makes sense.........

Ross
---------
1972 Alfaholics Giulia Super
2000 Elise S1 Sport 160
2004 Bentley Conti GT

Now browsing the tech pages :mrgreen: