Jam_s160

Re: MMC at KH 3/09/12

Post by Jam_s160 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:12 am

C7Steve wrote:
Dominic wrote:
tut wrote:I was not invited.

tut
:withstupid
Maybe you have had to buy a car from MMC to get invited. I will ask a fellow member when I see him this weekend if he was invited.

Steve.
Yes new customer / potential buying from I new of...

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 am

Jam_s160 wrote:
C7Steve wrote:
Maybe you have had to buy a car from MMC to get invited. I will ask a fellow member when I see him this weekend if he was invited.

Steve.
Yes new customer / potential buying from I new of...
Or see some cryptic posts on facebook to guess something is going on,
then head up to KH to see what it is, then chance your luck and get let on for a few laps!
Formerly Known as: ARphotographs
1.6 Sxi Vauxhall Astra: with sport button spec - Sold 8 years ago
1.8 Mk2 Mx-5 : Ginger hairdressing spec - Sold 6 years ago

Only on here because I still itch to get a lotus!

C7Steve

Post by C7Steve » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Rusty wrote:Or see some cryptic posts on facebook to guess something is going on,
then head up to KH to see what it is, then chance your luck and get let on for a few laps!
:thumbsup

Was it pax only, or were driving laps allowed in the Exige?

I think that it would have been better for Lotus to make the Roadster a N/A model, keeping the supercharged version for the hardtop. This model would have slotted nicely into the range.

Anyone else think so?

Steve.

tut
Barefoot Ninja

Re: MMC at KH 4/09/12

Post by tut » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:00 pm

A few of us when talking about it could not see a lot of point in the Roadster for our sort of use.

The coupe converts into the same configuration with the soft top kit, and you also keep your front splitter, rear wing, and firmer suspension.

tut

Jam_s160

Post by Jam_s160 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:49 pm

tut wrote:A few of us when talking about it could not see a lot of point in the Roadster for our sort of use.

The coupe converts into the same configuration with the soft top kit, and you also keep your front splitter, rear wing, and firmer suspension.

tut
Although I'm totally not knowledgable in this area... Lotus engineer on the track night was quite firm that the coupe aero has been design with the hard top on (splitter / rear wing etc). Removing it does noticeably make the car floaty despite what people are doing... Whether the everyday consumer notices is another thing :D

If I had the 60k and I don't (just now)... I would happily buy the roadster for my purposes over the coupe. :thumbsup

Justin

Post by Justin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I think the Roadster is actually a better looking car. It's got a hint of noble about it. Although I think if I was buying one I'd go for the coupe